Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanks, Ernest

So, I've had a pretty good day. 

I woke up to a chilly, rainy day, feeling really under the weather (hooray for bladder infections). But, I managed to pull together a work blog, and then make my way to the office. 

I ended up having a good day at both jobs, and then I came home, conquered Mt. St. Laundry Pile (guess who hasn't done laundry in close to a month and half?), watched a few bad horror movies on Netflix (tis the season), caught up with some friends, and even managed (with the help of Bill Purray) to start a new writing piece (yay breaking a 3 month slump!). 

helper cat is helping.
And as I sit here in my crazy comfortable fat pants, warm slipper boots, listening to the rain from my open window, thinking Man, I fucking love quiet awesome days, my second thought is Man, I fucking love gray, rainy cold days. They really are the sunshine-filled summer days of my soul. I can't explain why, but I'm 100% more motivated and productive when the weather is cold and sad. 

So, I thought I'd share my love for rainy goth weather on Facebook when a third thought popped in my head: Gee I'm glad it's raining

Which made me think of Ernest Goes to Camp.

Which made me think of the song.

 
Which has quickly put me in a totally weather appropriate man, I fucking hate the rain mood. 

Seriously, I'm having a hard time thinking of sadder children's movie moments than this song. 

Ok, maybe the montage where Jessie gets abandoned in Toy Story 2. Or the song the little girl sings about her parents in All Dogs Go to Heaven. Or when Kevin misses his mom in Home Alone. 

Man, I fucking hate children's movies. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...