Even though I woke up with a red wine hangover and the mentality of "Fuck going outside," I managed to take a shower, get dressed, leave the house, get a speeding ticket (HO YEAH WINNING), find parking, and get to the Purina Ultimate Air Dogs show like 8 minutes before it started. hell yes.
After 20 minutes of watching dogs jump for distance into a pool (omg I love big, water loving dogs. Love them.), we walked through the streets filled with vendors, saw some great bands and musicians (including Skinny Legs and All, which not gonna lie--I watched only because I'm a Tom Robbins fan), watched the Big Gay Guys do loud street performances directly in front of the Jesus Hates Fags Guy who was preaching with a Mega Phone,
|they were almost everywhere. Hilarious.|
It was an awesome crowd of rich, redneck, ghetto, homeless, hipsters who looks homeless (Addie's and My Favorite Game: "Homeless or Hipster"), and old people. And even though there was a shit ton of crowds, it was easy to maneuver and way more accessible than Artscape in Baltimore.
And it's in the middle of Downtown Asheville, which is one of the prettiest cities I've been to.
I'd definitely go again. Except next time I'd go with money. Assuming that next year, I'll have money. Yeah.
Other than that, it's been a blessedly lazy weekend (unlike every other weekend, which is only mildly lazy). There was a lot of this going on
|Wirrrrre. And Project Runwayyyyy.|
|muchos editing (in my Fat Pants. whaddup)|
|a more subdued approach|
Now, at least for me (and kinda for Addie, too) there's a definite difference between writer's block and boredom. Writer's block involves a lot of tears, lack of will to live, depression, processed food eating. Boredom is just me working for hours in Super Focus Mode, and suddenly just cracking. Like, I usually don't realize it's boredom until I'm so damn tense that I snap at Dog for breathing too loudly.
AUDREY'S CURE FOR WRITER'S BOREDOM
|it could happen.|
|back to the Futon.|
3. Break out the costume pieces. I'll put on gaudy scarves, shetland sweaters, and even a ridiculous pink tutu in order to drum up some inspirado. Yes, I look crazy, but it always works. But my most favorite: BIG ASS EARRINGS. Like, tacky shit that I'd never wear in public.
- spread about 3 tablespoons of butter on 2 pieces of white bread each (the cheaper the bread, the better. I recommend 7-11 brand)
- place one piece of buttered bread, butter side down, on the toaster oven rack
- place 2 pieces of full-fat cheese on the bread.
- place 2nd slice of bread, butter side up, on cheese
- toast until golden brown, or until you feel your arteries harden
- you can slice a tomato as a side, but that borders dangerously on "healthy", so it's best to ignore it. unless the tomato has been sitting the fridge and has become mealy, in which case, bon apetite!
- enjoy. rejoice in the fact that a toasted cheese sandwich beats a grilled cheese any day of the week.
Now. This is a process that works for me. If you have any further tips, I'm totally welcome to them.
oh, and I'm starting Fast Food Free August tomorrow, on account of me leaping into my late 20's in 2 weeks (OMFFNGGOD), so I had a Bon Voyage of what would turn out to be terrible choices for a fast food bon voyage, including a Taco Party Pack from Taco Bell.
I don't know why I can't make good decisions anymore.
Anywho, off to eat more soggy gross tacos (pride) and watch more Wire and do some general winning before failing at work tomorrow.