Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Bad Ideas

Today I took an accidental 3 hour nap and woke up starving.

So I stomped from the fridge to the pantry to the snack cabinet to the freezer and back to the fridge to the pantry to the snack cabinet to the freezer in hopes of something jumping out and saying I WILL BE THE MOST DELICIOUS DINNER EVER, but nothing happened. Just like it hasn't happened for the last 2 weeks or so. I want chicken scampi with peppers, onions and asparagus, but the closest I'll get is buttered noodles, since I never think of it til late at night when it's too late to buy fresh chicken and vegetables. Plus they're expensive. And I'd feel bad making a giant meal only for myself while Addie eats a TV dinner because he doesn't like vegetables. What's up, irrational guilt?

And then thoughts of guilt were replaced with an insane craving for Cookies and Cream ice cream, which is easily attainable in a split second. So I went to the store. But since I'm really trying to scrape pennies together, I bought the store brand ice cream.

And it tasted like watery, frozen cardboard with cookie bits. So damn lame.

Anyway.

Addie came home and told me about his favorite customer today, a man in his 60's who's retired and lives in his van.

"He's friends with the owners of the truck stop, so he parks his van and sleeps there at night. But I feel bad, because he says he goes through gas driving around all day because he can't park anywhere. Maybe he could park somewhere on Shelby's property during the day?"

"Dude. No way is Hobo-Grampa staying on our property. That's how people get raped and killed by Hobo's."

"He's not a Hobo. He's really nice. And he has a van."

"He lives in a van by the Dairy Queen truck stop. He's a hobo."

Needless to say, we've been debating why I'm a Terrible Person, and why Addie Should Help Hobo Grampa. 

"He could walk Dog for us."

"What? After all the hoops I had to jump through to prove myself worthy of walking Dog?"

"You're right, he'd probably like, leave the door open and Dog would get out."

"I'd be more afraid of him stealing all our stuff."

"You're so mean."

"He's a hobo!"



More updates as they come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you momma says: I understand that Ted Bundy, Son of Sam and Charles Manson started that way. Just parking on your property and walking your dog...Just la~di~da...next thing you know...BAM! you are front page news and we have to hold the services outside because of all the gawkers who want to attend so that they can say....Didn't Ted Bundy start out this way? Seriously.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...