Monday, May 7, 2012

You're not dead to me. You're just very far away.

We're separated now by this new world forming around us. The walls are higher, stares are harder, the skin is tougher. There's no resiliency here. We're as brittle and rigid as we are stubborn and stupid. We're so far away from the people we used to be, and still so far away from the people we want to be.

Maybe, it's best to walk away and forget, extract all those parts of me that you touched and formed. No more empty moments sitting with my phone, attempting to dredge up something to say to the inevitable silence on the other end. Embrace the difference. The distractions are gone. And it's here because I put it in place. Because I knew it would be better.

Depression is like someone over-salting every meal you eat. You can live with it, but it makes everything suck. 

I need to quit beating this horse. There's nothing left but bones and dirt.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, I know this is sad, but I like it. i like your words in this. I like the dirt and bones.

Broken_minded said...

Very true...
"Depression is like someone over-salting every meal you eat. You can live with it, but it makes everything suck."
I really like this way of phrasing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...