Thursday, March 1, 2012

Awkward Moments

Ever wake up in your bedroom at your parent's house, in your pajamas, with a sour stomach, and you're not sure how you got there, because the last thing you remember clearly is sitting at a bar with your friend and her new boyfriend? And you roll over and your night stand is full of half-drank water bottles, a box of crackers, and scads of snotty tissue? And you start getting vague memories of subjecting your parents to uncontrollable drunk hysteria?

Yep. Happened to me this morning.



It's not that I drink all the time--I really don't, I swear--it's just that 90% of the time, I have no self-control over how much I drink, and I quickly end up in the Land of Excess. And on days when I'm more agitated than usual, and haven't eaten anything, then I end up in Excess at the speed of light.

Alright, so it's obvious that I have a lot to work on, so alcohol and I are taking a bit of a sabbatical. I think it's a good thing.

Hooray, stability. And also hooray to uh, not getting kicked out of my rent-free environment within a week of moving back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...