Saturday, December 31, 2011

First and Last

So, 2011 is coming quickly to a close, and I'm rounding out the year the same way I came into it: slightly hung over, in my pajamas, with a basset hound at my feet.

But it's been a huge year.

I moved to North Carolina.
I moved in with Addie.
I got a "writing" job.
I finished NaNoWriMo.
I baked a cake and made icing, all from scratch.
I bought a new computer.
I learned how to change a tire.
I felt older. Much older.
I drank copious amounts of French Press coffee.
I finished the first act of my manuscript.
I learned lots of valuable drinking lessons.
I re-established old friendships.
I made amazing new ones.
I mostly finished my t-shirt quilt.
I made this blog.
I learned how to kill spider crickets with bravado and badassery, instead of tears and screaming.
I congratulated my sister and two of my best friends as they all got engaged in a 2 month span.
I drove so many miles.
I went on a million tiny adventures.
I was propositioned by a swingin' couple at gay male strip club.
I grew my hair out into a white trash lion's mane.
I conquered Asheville.
I lost 10 lbs, and then gained 20 more.
I stood up for myself.
I got to visit all my far-flung homies.
I paid off 2 student loans and my car.
I said goodbye to some good pets.
I said goodbye to some amazing co-workers.
I said f*** off to Northern Virginia traffic.
I ate about 67 lbs of Naan and Tikka Masala.
I finished quite a few projects.
I watched almost 500 hours of truly mind-boggling bad reality television.
I wrote over 100 pages of material.
I learned how to handle constant hydroplaning.
I learned that absence does, in fact, make the heart grow fonder, and I now I have a bigger, much more awed perspective on friendship and family.

It's been a good year.

holidays exhaust us.

Onward to 2012!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...