Sunday, December 23, 2012

Eve of Christmas Eve!

Holy Crap!

It's December 23rd! When the Hell did that happen?

It's been a whirlwind of a month here at Camp Audge-Podge. I feel like it was mostly road trips interspersed with work and sleeping and bouts of frantic Christmas present shopping. 

But, it's all good! This weekend, my parents decided to take a re-charge weekend at one of their favorite b-n-b's in Hendersonville, and since I was headed up to Natacha's anyway, we decided to road trip together. We trudged through the snowy mountains, listened to stand up comedy and some terrible Christmas music (including REO Speedwagon's Christmas album. Our car was basically where good music went to die.)

whussy snow, but snow nonetheless!

I won first place at Natacha's Ugly Christmas Sweater party (yes, finally, sweet victory!), played arts and crafts with hot glue and felt for like, 6 hours as I decorated my Ugly sweater and while watched Christmas movies, had a glorious time, saw a lot of old friends, and survived 9 hours in the car while battling an especially unruly hangover, one that is still lingering at 10:45 PM (what did I do to myself? I have no idea. But I'm sure throwing up spicy shrimp pasta for 3 hours this morning has something to do with it.)

sadly, the best picture I got of my [award winning] Gnarly 90's Ugly Sweater, and Natacha's awesome Fruit Cake sweater
 I think the best part of the trip was when I was trying to buy my crafting supplies and big ass bottle of wine at Wal-Mart, and my debit card got flagged for suspicious activity. How cool is is that I had to sit in a Wal-Mart McDonalds, admitting that I was in fact, spending like $100 on supplies at Wal-Mart at 10:30 on a Friday night, and then pleading with the bank to let me make my purchase.

White trash level achievement: 80.

I'm so excited for Christmas, even if I did get a whammy of an onslaught of PMS Feelings Monster that left me sobbing at Home Alone, at not being able to cut felt straight, at my nail polish being chipped, etc. etc. WAY TO GO HORMONES. I'm also excited for Australia. Like, full on, balls to the wall excited. EEeeeEEeee!

Alrighty, tomorrow will be filled with last minute errands, visiting my big brother Josh, who sadly can't make it down for Christmas day, and packing and cleaning.

As for now, I've gotta hit the hay. But in the mean time, here's some pictures of sleeping fur children:
   


Scottie Jane and Bill Purray are now the cutest BFF's ever.

Happy Eve of Christmas Eve, guys!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...