Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Titanic, the second post.

Wow, I've been taking terrible care of this blog, guys.

For one, I missed my blog's first birthday. Damn. Well, no. Actually, I created this blog in 2008, but it took me 3 years to post on it. So there, guilt be gone.

Second: I saw Titanic 3D and didn't blog about it.

Yeah. That's right. I'm underemployed and can't really afford gas, and there are at minimum, 6 movies I want to see in theaters right now, but I saw Titanic 3D.

MmmmmHmmmm
I saw it with my ex-roommate, Kristin, and her best friend, Tini. I credit Kristin with allowing me to live "out and proud" as a Titanic fan. After all, we lived in the Apartment of Terribly Bad Movies together, where there was no shame. Only Sex and the City nights and Free Willy parties and sing a longs to Aladdin

We're champions, basically.

 There were pre-movie cocktails. There was costume lust. There was cackling. There were in-movie cocktails. There was cat-calling. There was potential cosplay planning. There were many tears. And there may or may not have been waltzing down the aisles during our rendition of "My Heart Will Go On." It was fantastic. Utterly, utterly, fantastic. And it absolutely replaced the terrible, terrible times I had watching it when I was 13... which was... 14 years ago. #rapidfireaging

While I can't say there was anything worthwhile about the re-release, I mean, I got bored at the same parts, and I got all girl-weepy at the same parts, but it was fantastic to be a kid again. Except this time we were kids who were getting dropped off drunk in the middle of the afternoon at a movie theater, but hey. YAY, CHILDHOOD!

Afterward, there was a pretty fantastic get together that involved me spending too much time playing with chalk pastels

ugghnmff, chalk pastels are so much fun

and more bonding/more pseudo-campfire 90's song sing a longs.

The audio of this picture would be six drunk people singing Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins
Thank god for good weekends.


In other noteworthy accomplishments that have kept me away, I've finished tax season, finished all my laundry, cleaned my room, de-skanked my car, had anywhere between 40-50 emotional breakdowns, and ate Chipotle, Vietnamese, and Tai food all in one week (super delayed Food Homecoming Week, guys!). Also, I've written 3 essays, which, once I'm done editing them, will be posted here.

I've also been listening to some truly shameful music:

Yep.
Hmm. Titanic, Celine Dion, Tonight, Tonight, Justin Timberlake, and Justin Bieber? I'll stop here, because I don't think I'll make myself any more awesome than I already have.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...