Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Attempt at Burning Down the House

a little on the dry side.
This is what happens when you don't pay attention to toast in the toaster oven.

First, I smelled delicious toast. And I was all "it's ok, I'll just finish this email. The toaster oven hasn't been on that long."

Seconds later, I heard a muffled *boom*, and saw flames and smoke brush against the toaster oven door.

"OH SHIT!" I yelled, and ran over to turn off the toaster oven. I opened the oven door and the smoke just POURED out. The flame went out, and I reached in with tongs to pull out the char-planks I had just made.

Our apartment was filled with thick, burnt toast smelling smoke for an hour or so. And the burnt toast smell is apparent, still, after 8 hours. Whooops!

I'm just thankful the flame went out on its own, otherwise I'd be eating the whole "I DON'T NEED A FIRE EXTINGUISHER IT'S NOT LIKE I'M GOING TO BURN THE PLACE DOWN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME GAH" speech I gave my mom last month. Whoooops again!

So, I've been banned from cooking for the next few weeks. And that ban was spread to the entire kitchen when I almost dropped a stack of plates.

It's uh, it's been an off day.


In all seriousness, though, it took close to 2 months for me to cause my first kitchen catastrophe? Fuck yeah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...