Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First Chapter


This has essentially been my mantra. But I finally finished my outline! And tonight, I finished my first chapter! Although I haven't had any feedback on it yet, I'm proud of it. And I'm excited to be making progress*

*check back tomorrow when my blog will be titled FIRST FEED BACK AND FIRST URGE TO STAB MYSELF IN EYE OVER BAD REVIEW


As I was working on my outline, I started to really know the characters I'm writing. Like, I'd be writing chapter summaries, and dialogue would start to fill my head. And I'd be able to sort through it, saying "blahblahblah wouldn't say it like that, they'd say this" or, "etcetc wouldn't get themselves in this situation, because etc etc." It feels good. I'm not writing bitchy, blithery nonsense anymore. It's like A WHOLE STORY. It's about people I created, and why they do what they do, what they learn, and how they settle up the ending. 


I'm pretty sure this is the idea that I paid $40 grand over 4 and a half years to learn?

oops. 
BUT. After 3 straight days of late night productivity, I'm all


So, I have a touch screen computer, and I found a program that allows me to make awesome photo collages. In that regard, a touch screen is awesome. But, on an unawesome note, Addie accidentally figured out that he can torment while I'm working by coming over and threatening to touch the screen and either close Word, or mess with whatever shameful show I'm watching on Instant Netflix for background noise. I retaliate by threatening to erase the time lines on his white boards. It's mutually assured destruction.

OH.

I'm adding a new segment to this blog. 


It's called 

THINGS I WANT THAT MY READERS CAN BUY FOR ME!


First, a beautiful over-stuffed sofa with lots of pillows, kinda like this random google image





second, this amazing chair, the pic stolen from Livejournal user ___thefidge via SaucyDwellings (LOOOOVVVEEEEE)




third, this awesome office Pottery Barn space (except the chairs--those chairs are the hard plastic chair equivalent of severed balls)



fourth, this awesome dog, Lucy





 OH WAIT I GET TO SEE HER WHEN I GO HOME IN 3 WEEKS! :D

but it's ok, in the mean time, I get to hang out with this awesome (freshly groomed and fluffy and manicured and handsome) Bart Dog



alright.. time to finish this plate of cookies and bottle of wine and watch campy horror movies. wee!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...