Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Texting while Driving



Maybe I've been watching too many re-runs of 16 & Pregnant on mtv.com, but I've seen a rash of "Don't Text and Drive" PSAs. They all have the same pattern:

A) victim in near-vegetable state sits in a sad looking living room with a functional family member who recounts the accident that left the victim in a near-vegetable state
or
Obviously distraught person sits in a sad looking living room recounting the accident where they killed someone

B) "This is the text they were sending/reading when the accident happened." Then, black screen, inconsequential 4 word or less text message comes up, either:
"On my way"
or
"where r u"

C) functional family member basically damning the person who caused the accident/sad person damning themselves

D) DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE. IT CAN WAIT.


Driving impaired--by anything or anyone--is dangerous. Obviously. And people really shouldn't text and drive. Again, obviously. But I text and drive constantly. I'd say I'm good at it, because I enjoy bragging about things that I'm not supposed to be good at (like sleeping in class without getting caught or stealing money from family members*). But watching these commericals made me think. I text a lot of nonsense. What would happen if these were the last communications I had in this realm?








 








 
 
I think I'm going to re-think my texting while driving habit. Just, you know, out of dignity's sake.



*juuuuuuust kidding. maybe.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...