Thursday, May 2, 2013

Let's all make a list of First World Problems

yeah!

Here's a list of my current First World Catastrophies:

  • Luke warm showers with inadequate water pressure. This is a day mangler. "Oh hey, let me start the day off right, by standing under the shower head while it kinda spits warm water at me."
  • Cold calling. I take 6 months to return phone calls to people I know. Cold calling is excruitiating.
  • When  you're waiting to fill your car with gas at a busy gas station, and the person at the pump goes inside to buy something without moving their car to the parking lot. way to clog up the pumps, jerk.
  • How leaving the house 5 minutes later than usual results in sitting in 60 minutes of traffic. I don't get you, Northern Virginia.
  • Allergies. I don't know what's worse, the fogginess and headaches from allergies, or the fogginess and stomach ache I get from anti-histamines.
  • The theory of relativity. Why can't shitty time fly by faster than enjoyable time? I'd love for hours at work to zip by as fast hours not at work.
  • Opening a packet of Chik-Fil-A sauce and dropping it, losing 90% it to the kitchen floor gods. WHY, CRUEL WORLD.
  • Bills. I realized today that I have the same relationship with bills that most people do with their chilldren. They're my #1 priority. They're the reason I keep taking jobs I have no interest in but pay well. I plan my life and schedule around them. I blame them for all my problems. Some of them I got by "accident," even though I knew what I was getting myself into at the moment of their conception. 
  • Acronyms that don't spell out a word, so you have to say each individual letter, and it's more cumbersome than saying the acronized phrase. "Do you have the report for the BCMS3 LPTFCB?" "que?" 

Ah. Actually, I feel better now. I'm going to go read about starving children in third world countries so I can get some perspective.






*Fun Fact, but did you know that the USA PATRIOT act is an acronym? Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism. uh huh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...