Here's a list of my current First World Catastrophies:
- Luke warm showers with inadequate water pressure. This is a day mangler. "Oh hey, let me start the day off right, by standing under the shower head while it kinda spits warm water at me."
- Cold calling. I take 6 months to return phone calls to people I know. Cold calling is excruitiating.
- When you're waiting to fill your car with gas at a busy gas station, and the person at the pump goes inside to buy something without moving their car to the parking lot. way to clog up the pumps, jerk.
- How leaving the house 5 minutes later than usual results in sitting in 60 minutes of traffic. I don't get you, Northern Virginia.
- Allergies. I don't know what's worse, the fogginess and headaches from allergies, or the fogginess and stomach ache I get from anti-histamines.
- The theory of relativity. Why can't shitty time fly by faster than enjoyable time? I'd love for hours at work to zip by as fast hours not at work.
- Opening a packet of Chik-Fil-A sauce and dropping it, losing 90% it to the kitchen floor gods. WHY, CRUEL WORLD.
- Bills. I realized today that I have the same relationship with bills that most people do with their chilldren. They're my #1 priority. They're the reason I keep taking jobs I have no interest in but pay well. I plan my life and schedule around them. I blame them for all my problems. Some of them I got by "accident," even though I knew what I was getting myself into at the moment of their conception.
- Acronyms that don't spell out a word, so you have to say each individual letter, and it's more cumbersome than saying the acronized phrase. "Do you have the report for the BCMS3 LPTFCB?" "que?"
Ah. Actually, I feel better now. I'm going to go read about starving children in third world countries so I can get some perspective.
*Fun Fact, but did you know that the USA PATRIOT act is an acronym? Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism. uh huh.