Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter (BLOOD ON THE ICE)

This year, to celebrate the ressurection of our Lord and Savior, I went on a road trip with Mary, Lance, and our friend Zohar to Philadelphia to watch the Washington Capitals face off with the Philadelphia Flyers. Many beers were had. Many burgers were eaten. Many arcade games were played. Many off-color jokes were made. One awesome fight was witnessed.

It's what He would have done.

we start our intrepid journey

with our trip mascot, Butt-inz and some doughnuts





the bustling metropolis of Philadelphia


We ate at PYT, which has basically become my favorite restaurant in the history of ever. After reading an article on the Bacon Shell Taco on the Huffington Post, Mary and I decided we weren't going to let this Philly trip come and go without some clogged arteries. But seriously, it was worth the trip. Check out their menu and try desperately not to fall in fat love. The only thing they didn't  have that we wanted to try were the krispy kreme burgers. That was a big disappointment. Looks like I'll just have to go again... :D




unisex bathrooms!


beer-mosas

the ever glorious bacon taco. Absolutely life changing. 

Let me tell you about this bacon taco. Actually, let me just copy directly from their website: We’ve actually created a taco shell out of 100% bacon. And filled this crispy beauty with a taco seasoned beef burger, shredded cheddar & pepper jack cheese, shredded lettuce, fresh pico de gallo and an avocado & cilantro ranch sauce. Served with house made tortilla chips and salsa.

Life. Changing. We ordered it as appetizers because this is America.  





fun times with Butt-inz

Burger #1: Pickle Back: Jameson Irish Whiskey-glazed beef patty topped with Nueske's applewood smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese and fried pickles on a LeBus seeded bun with dill fries. I wasn't as impressed with this one as I thought I'd be (seriously, Jameson? Bacon? Peper Jack cheese? Fried Pickes? What's not to love. But it seemed like there were too many dry toppings, and the patty wasn't as juicy as it could have been.


Burger #2: Pistachio Crusted Lamb Burger: Juicy lamb burger dusted with crushed pistachios, topped with grape tomato-onion salsa and a zesty lemon aioli on a LeBus seeded bun. This was like a big fat Greek party in a burger. My favorite of all of them. And nothing beats a good aioli. I need to learn how to make it on my own. Also, those were the softest tempura fried onions ever in my life. Holy god. 

I somehow don't have a picture of burger #3, The Korean BBQ Short Rib: Half-pound 100% short rib burger marinated in Korean BBQ sauce and topped with kimchi and asian spicy mayo on a LeBus seeded bun. This burger had the best meat (duh, short ribs), probably because the marinade the ribs for hours and it just had the most succulent texture and the richest flavor. And I didn't think I'd be a fan of the kimchi, but it definitely gave it an extra kick.

I wanted to order exclusively from the Adult Milk Shake menu. But we were so fat on burgers and bacon tacos and beer-mosas that we all settled on sharing "The Dude": vanilla ice cream, vanilla vodkda and Kahlua. 




Butt-inz and The Dude




Church let out, note the thronging crowds.

haha, I just like how awkward this is. 

#AMMMRKA

we scored enough tickets to get absolutely nothing.

The 4-player air hockey game that left my arms sore as hell the next day. When you get winded and sore from playing Air Hockey, you know you're out of shape. Really, incredibly out of shape. 











creeper hockey viewings


smug hockey viewings

FIGHT FIGHT! This fight resulted in Blood on the Ice, something I've been dying to see. 

me letting the world know I saw blood on the ice. #veryimportantupdates

These douchey Philly fans became big loose buttholes when the Flyers player got a penalty for starting the BLOOD ON THE ICE fight. You could hear their douchey obscenities from 7 rows away. Then they tried to pick fights with the Caps fans sitting behind us whenever we scored a goal. Losers. Philly fans are terrible people. 




Bro-mance

I love going to hockey games. I love over indulging on awesome food. I love day trips with good people. So all in all, much fun was had.

How was your Easter?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Philly fans are jerks!! ESP the baseball Fans!! (I can only imagine the hockey fans!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...