Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June Gloom

"June Gloom" is a term I learned last week while I was in LA.

In late spring/early summer, clouds roll in off the ocean in the morning and cause overcast, drizzly, cool mornings, making LA look more like San Francisco and giving it sweaters-in-spring time temperatures. I didn't believe this. So I spent the whole weekend telling Leah she can't just make up fancy science-sounding cloud explanations for what is obviously smog. Then, I came home and internetted it and it's true. There are such things as "marine effects" and "eddys" and "clouds" and "science" that do, in fact, exist.

There's really no point to that anecdote. I just wanted to break the ice, because it's been a while since I've posted, and I'm worried that things have gotten awkward between us. Maybe we should take this slow. It's ok. Relationships take time. Trust is earned, don'cha know.

But also, I'm having the exact opposite of June Gloom. It feels like it's 72* in my head all the time.

After a jam-packed April and May, I'm breathing deeply through my lungs and exhaling at the direction of my blessedly empty calendar. I'm walking in the merry sunshine of Don't Even Care. I just want to stay in my pajamas all day and finally watch this season of Game of Thrones. (I KNOW SOMEONE OR SOMETHING DIED ON SUNDAY EVERYONE CAN JUST SHUT UP OK STOP POSTING TEASERS [FACEBOOK I'M LOOKING AT YOU])

But also, I've been having some pretty choice adventures lately, and I want to tell you about them. So we should have some long dinners where we catch up over a bottle of wine. I promise this time I won't get so handsy*. But for now, here's a preview.


Kristin and Tyler marryin'

Brooklynin'



Simpsonin'
  
Brain rottin'

Beachin'

gift destroyin'

wine flightin'

hair cuttin'

Arrested Developmentin'


more beachin'

tattooin'

Bill Purrayin'

at home "workin"

life list plannin'

Until then, I hope you're having a great day. And that we can still be friends.


*this is probably a lie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...