Monday, July 7, 2014

the good in goodbye

Well, I've told my friends, my family, my parents, and now my boss, so I guess the cat is out of the bag.

I'm moving!
To Sydney! :D


(c) Joel Westworth

I leave on September 1st, and I'll probably be there for... I'm not sure! That's all up to the Australian government, frankly. But hopefully, I'll be there for a few years.

Wow. Sept. 1st. 8 weeks. SO SOON!

I've been wanting to spill this on the blog for a long time now, but I was too afraid of work finding out and firing me. That old chestnut. But, after a lot of discussion and analyzing our options, Joel and I realized that me moving to Sydney is the best/easiest way for us to actually be together.

Yes, there have been a TON of feelings happening as a result of this decision. This is HUGE. GINORMOUS. I have never been more excited for anything in my life, for real real. And neither has Joel. Knowing that I'm mere weeks away from starting my life with the love of my life has set me spinning. We've been apart for all but 2 months since the day we met, but still, it's been the best year of my life. And thinking about continuing that, to live with someone who is excited to build a home with me, a life with me, someone's who is continuously on the same page as me--it makes my heart explode. For the first time, I can see my future. And it looks goddamn incredible.

So yeah. It's basically a whirlwind of excitement and feels over here. Except for, maybe my mom, who just lately can say "Australia" without crying. (I know she loves me. She'll get there. ) I am going to miss my friends and my family, more than I can possibly fathom, but things like WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, and plane tickets will make missing people easier. 

There's a lot to do before then, and a lot that's going to happen, like packing, taking a trip to Savannah, GA, the birth of Mary's baby and Leah's baby, a visit from Cara and my big ass going away/30th birthday party (oh dear God, I'm turning 30), and lots of other things to cover before I say goodbye.

But, there's a really important good bye to have, and that's to Camp Audrey Kosher. I've discussed it before, but I feel like I've grown apart from this blog. I'm in such different place now than I was when I started, that I just don't feel like it's fair to keep blogging here. I know that sounds douchey as all told, but it's the truth. Yeah, I'm sad in that "Audrey clings nostalgically to inanimate objects" way, because it's always a bit of a bummer when I close out a journal. Or in this case, a blog. I can't think of deleting this corner, because it holds a lot of history, but the updates that have been trickling through with the force of a soggy earthworm will probably just... stop. And that's ok. This blog is a part of me, but there's so much more to tell now. It's just time to move on.

Farewell, sweet AudgePodge. It has been quite a ride. You'll always have a place in my heart.

I'll see everyone on the other side! Thank you, everyone for supporting me while I was here! Come follow me at my new home, AudWrites, and we can be friends forever.

xoxo,
Audrey


1 comment:

Unknown said...

UGLY CRYING!!! (while simultaneously so excited for you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...